•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

The three Ts. Lift the lid on the secrets of how you do things so others can have a go.....

UV glues

Postby mattinair » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:41 am

These uv activated glues are great. Besides general gluing I used it to reinforce the little paper fork assembly on the forklift
DSCN1586_01.JPG
DSCN1586_01.JPG (97.53 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

Also using it to fine tune the magnets on the magnetic couplers..... :)
mattinair

Re: UV glues

Postby Reith01 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, I don't read every word of every modelling magazine, and (when they were around) I didn't look in every corner of a model shop, so I missed this. I'm surprised it doesn't feature far more among modellers. No doubt if I trawled through the internet I'd find references but that subtracts from time at the workbench.
Reith01

Postby mattinair » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:42 pm

UV glues in this consumer friendly form are brand new....just showed up on tv..."not yet in stores".....the "Laser Bond" was kind of expensive .....I got it on a "2 for 1" deal (free shipping) and it still came to $10 US for each tube...of course it doesn't work on large opaque structures, but I've found that it actually does work on so many different applications that this will be the first time that I've used an entire tube of glue with out some of it going bad.......
mattinair

Postby Reith01 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:29 pm

I'll give this a go as soon as I can find a UK supplier. The as seen on TV site seems to have dropped it. It's available from Amazon.com but at a price. The reviews are mixed among "verified purchasers" about its adhesive qualities though I hadn't anticipated using it as that, just crack filling.

But the message is clear! I've ordered a different one to try out.
Reith01

Postby Slarge » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Anyone experimented with bugbond?

Available online and from fishing stores.

MODERATOR EDIT - YouTube link converted to make video viewable
Slarge

Return to T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials