•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

The three Ts. Lift the lid on the secrets of how you do things so others can have a go.....

Light signals?

Postby hank55 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Browsing the internet I cannot find anywhere how to tackle T-gauge signalling. Is here anyone skilled in this field? To start off I would appreciate any idea how to put together a simple two-aspect light signal, at this moment w/o an automated block train control yet, my only initial request is to enable signalling occupied/free track sections - meaning here on the Continent red/green lights. (Three lights incl. a yellow one signalling occupied the section after the next one would be a great deal of luxury, I would say...) Is it a good idea to put respective LEDs somewhere to the layout underground and to somehow transmit lights by means of optic fibres?

To be understood correct: I am not asking about respective electric circuits but about a possible "mechanical" design and an assembly of the signalling devices.

Looking forward to your ideas.
hank55

Re: Light signals?

Postby martink » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 pm

I've used 3-colour fiber optic searchlight signals on Sarum Bridge. I don't really think separate aspects would be practical, except when mounted against a bridge or tunnel portal rather than on a post.
Anyway, the following threads might be of interest...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=124 (Working Signals)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=106 (Sarum Bridge)
martink

Postby Nutter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Although I model Zm I have just ordered the components to try making multi coloured signals. 0805 smt LEDs , plasticard for signal plates and plastic I beams for uprights. The rest of the circuitry will be below board again using surface mount components hand soldered to small custom made pcbs.
Will be a while till I have a successful attempt to show people but is a work in progress.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Postby gbtrains » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:47 am

Hi all
Here is a working gantry signal light (only 1 light per track at the moment)

picture here
Attachments
Light Gantry Working-01.jpg
(1.68 MiB) Not downloaded yet
gbtrains

Postby gbtrains » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Just to let you know that I have got a link to the video on You Tube so that you look at:=
https://youtu.be/l9Fm8sqmG8A

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Return to T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials