Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

The three Ts. Lift the lid on the secrets of how you do things so others can have a go.....

Atlas Conductalube

Postby grahame » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 pm

My N and Z scale friends have been raving about this product. Electrically conductive lubricant/cleaner from Atlas.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O ... UTF8&psc=1

I must say I was a bit skeptical but decided to give it a try. The ultimate test was on my precious T scale 9 car Inter City 125. I picked up the courage and applied as follows. I cleaned the track with a tissue pad dipped in isopropanol or rubbing alcohol. Let it dry and then using a lab Q tip 9 we have the type with a very dense head that does not drop fibres and lint) I dipped it in the product and gentled wiped it all around the track. The nice thing about a Q tip is it fat enough to get both rails at once. You could use a tissue pad held with a nice pair of forceps. Then the moment of truth. VOILA!!! The T scale train ran fast and smooth..definitely an improvement. It was not bad before but this product WORKS! It did put me in mind of the energizer pen that is available. I wonder if it’s the same product. I am sold on this now.
British exPat in Houston, Texas.
grahame

Re: Atlas Conductalube

Postby Towers » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:28 pm

I've ordered some of this now. Can't seem to find it for sale in the UK so I had to get it from the states on eBay. I'm looking forward to being able to poke this into my tunnel areas where the pen can't reach. (Damn that sounds dodgy).
Towers

Postby martink » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 pm

I assume that this is equivalent to good old CRC 2-26, which is commonly used for this purpose in the US and Oz.
martink

Postby Towers » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 pm

I've got my contactalube now. Its soooo easy to apply to wheels and contacts with its needle. It even got my 2 103 units to run (though not reliably but better than it was before).
Towers

Return to T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials