•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: Z scale narrow gauge trains

Postby zdrada69 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:47 am

I also added passanger car with the luggage compartment. This one is motorized with 19 metre motorized chassis. Windows were added using Humbrol ClearFix. I got the train with steam engine workable. I was really positively surprised with realistic speed one can achive with T-gauge stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0fqKq1 ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD62kxb ... e=youtu.be
zdrada69

Postby Kupzinger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi. That looks really really good! I tried some narrow gauge in T as well, but the chassis chaked a lot due to the relative high center of gravity. Did you have this Problem as well?

Cheers from Austria
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby zdrada69 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 am

Kupzinger wrote:Hi. That looks really really good! I tried some narrow gauge in T as well, but the chassis chaked a lot due to the relative high center of gravity. Did you have this Problem as well?

Hi. Thanks for positive response to those models. It is true that chassis center of gravity may be a problem. This is evident with the steam engine. From visual point of view this locomotive is too high and it is not "stable" while running. I was able to add a bit of lead inside the locomotive to make it more stable. On the other hand the narrow gauge rails were rather kept in not very high quality and those trains run a bit uneasy (in turbulent way ??). This was the case at least in Poland. Some shaky movement can add realism...
With this engine I also wanted to use original chassis' coupling. This is the reason for beeing so high. I plan to have another one and I will try to have separate coupling mounted at the rear of the locomotive. I hope I will be able to have the chassis mounted more "inside" the engine and finally the locomotive will be lower and more stable.

Pawel
zdrada69

Postby zdrada69 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:34 pm

I started some job on the motor car.Again this is 3D printed item from Shapeways after some painting. Windows were made using Humbrol ClearFix.

https://postimg.org/image/414tm8x9v/
zdrada69

Postby rail450 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi Pawel,
pls, explain how to do the windows.
BR,
Siegfried
rail450

Postby zdrada69 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:34 pm

rail450 wrote:Hi Pawel,
pls, explain how to do the windows.
BR,
Siegfried

To make windows I use Humbrol ClearFix. This is clear gel liquid. Do not shake before application to prevent creation of little air bubbles. For application I use toothpick. You get some gel on toothpick and touch all inside edges of the window to makke them "sticky". Than I apply some more gel with round movement from the edges to the centre of window. Finally window is ready and I remove the toothpick. The window is still wet and it take some time until gel get hard.

Pawel
zdrada69

Postby zdrada69 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 am

Motor car has been finished. Motorized chassis added. Again I am positively surprised with the low speed achived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qe3xjw70E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-9qdvsukc0
zdrada69

Postby zdrada69 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 am

I started another 3mm Z-scale narrow gauge engine. This time it is going to be "Brigadelok". The basic body is 3D printed from Shapeways.
Finally fount the way to insert pictures in the message :shock:

After cleaning and basic painting:

IMG_2520.JPG
(116.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG (89.4 KiB) Viewed 196 times

IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG (94.28 KiB) Viewed 196 times

IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG (95.9 KiB) Viewed 196 times

Already some modifications were made to the initial model:

IMG_2411.JPG
(191.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The big Polish style front light was added.
Unfortunately I broke the chimney - new chimney with fire preventer was added.
I also change the look of the front of the engine by adding more realistic plastic profile (C shape).
zdrada69

Postby Kupzinger » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 am

Hi,

These are extremely fine models! I also admire your painting of the windows and other details! Is still your still Hand or do you have other Tricks? :)

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby zdrada69 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am

Kupzinger wrote:These are extremely fine models! I also admire your painting of the windows and other details! Is still your still Hand or do you have other Tricks? :)
Cheers
Kupzinger

General painting (black) is done using Tamiya paints in can. Details are hand painted using acrylic paints.
My tricks are:
- 000 or 00000 brush (Revell)
- try to paint existing edges - in such case I mostly do not use the top of the brush but the side
- it is better to have rather dense paint - I do not use any thinner
- I noticed that good and concentrated visibility is very important to have your hand stable ! I use magnifiing lenses of this type:
http://mag-lamp.pl/products/Lupy-na-glo ... der&or=asc
zdrada69

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock