Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: 4012 Big Boy

Postby MMBUFBerlin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello Joe,

of course it is up to you whose advice you obey. That of a model dreamer, who has not yet built a single locomotive, or that of a modeler who has got 7 steam locomotives on T Gauge tracks to drive.
If you have any plans to continue building the Big Boy.

I say goodbye to this forum, where the freedom of the word does not endure!

Kind regards
Uwe
MMBUFBerlin

Postby MIHS85 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi Uwe,

If you are still reading this: I saw your post and also found your tone a bit too harsh for my liking.

Having said so, I think it would be a pity if you would abandon this forum. Those who are familiar with your work know what you have achieved in the area of T gauge. I think that the few of us that seem to follow this forum could benefit greatly from your expertise if you were willing to share it. And a lively constructive debate might even attract more people.

The one concrete wish I would have is that you or some of the other mechanics experts here would come up with a steam loco plan and instructions which would be accessible to average modellers like me.

Best wishes,

Chris
MIHS85

Postby MMBUFBerlin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello Chris,

if someone writes nonsense, must be allowed to call this as such! And I absolutely hate it when someone censors my words!
If this is a children's forum, in which all must be very lovely and kindly, the administrator should write it high on top! Then I had me not registered!

Kind regards
Uwe

P.S. That was really my last post here! If you still have questions to me, you can ask them in the T Gauge Forum Germany (also in English language).
The T Gauge music plays where I am! This will not change in the next few years!
MMBUFBerlin

Postby JoeMalinchak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been off of the forum for a while and missed reading these posts.

I appreciate all of the advice on this project. We all basically learn from each other’s work, and try to inspire others to do the same. Using the springs and picking power from the bogie’s has been working great on my Pennsylvania 4-6-2 pacific locomotive design, and I may still use it on my Big boy. Only the rear ½ of the locomotive is shown in the photo. I was planning on using a pick up from the front wheels as well as the rear wheels, and maybe even the tender! My current layout does not have any turnouts or isolated track, but I plan on building a larger one so I should make sure the locomotive can handle it.

It is all about testing what works and Siegfried and Uwe both have some good advice.

Uwe, I agree with Chris in that you should still write and post your work in this forum. We are all a small group of friends, and we need to help grow and promote TGauge!

Joe.
JoeMalinchak

Postby MMBUFBerlin » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 am

Hello Joe, a photo at the right time, and I would have understood right away that Siegfried with "points" means turnouts. But you also have strange terms for some things in English language!
The electrical problem zone of such points/turnouts can be relatively easily shortened to about 5mm, see attached photo.

Kind regards
Uwe

Weichenkontakterweiterung.jpg
Turnouts contact improvement
Weichenkontakterweiterung.jpg (127.9 KiB) Viewed 207 times
MMBUFBerlin

Postby MIHS85 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm

MMBUFBerlin wrote:The electrical problem zone of such points/turnouts can be relatively easily shortened to about 5mm, see attached photo.

Thanks for the hint! I'll definitely will give this a try.

Chris
MIHS85

Postby JoeMalinchak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Uwe,

That looks like it will work great. Thanks for the tip!
JoeMalinchak

Previous

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock