•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: GERMAN Schnellzuglokomotive BR01 steam loco

Postby NeilM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Fantastic work here. Can not wait to see this completed. It is talent like this that will ensure that T gauge keeps moving fo
rward and has a future!
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby Ruskyviewer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:45 pm

I love this. It's so good to see people designing and modelling from scratch in this gauge. I look forward to seeing the finished model presentation.

Brilliant!!

Jim.
Ruskyviewer

Postby rail450 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi,

it`s time to update my work:

BR01_u_Tender.jpg
(696.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet

just assembled to get some fotos. The wheels of the last bogie are not magnetic up to now and so they jumped out of the track.

Tender_00.jpg
(283.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet

All parts are printed by Shapeways and they fit perfectly. The tender kernel is made of brass and at the position of each bogie I placed an isolation block.

Tender_01.jpg
Tender_01.jpg (84.31 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Tender_02.jpg
Tender_02.jpg (141.97 KiB) Viewed 77 times

On top the blocks have two small slots (0,8mm) to put in the springs. On top the springs are soldered with an isolated copper wire and on the bottom they are placed into the bogie. The tender has a weight of about 2,75g
rail450

Postby zdrada69 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Very good job ! Congratulations.
I think you might have a problem with the lokomotive. I am not sure but it looks that after painting the 3D printed body still some oily spots appeared ... It is not easy to clean those 3D prints very well before painting. Sometimes it happens to my models as well so I try to make my cleaning process better and better.
Is this FUD or FXD material ?

Pawel
zdrada69

Previous

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock