•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Class 37 Class 47

Postby gbtrains » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi
I was wondering if any body could model up in T Gauge Class 37 and the Class 47 as I know that they will sell well, I will have to be made on a 19mm Chassis.

I know that a baby Deltic was created.

thanks

Graham :D
gbtrains

Re: Class 37 Class 47

Postby ivanf » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi Graham,

snag with those is the bogies... the chassis needs to sit inside the cab ( so to speak ) but the bogies need to stick out in front under the bonnet.

I think some people have stuck hacked up a bogie and stuck half on the front to make a 3 axle bogie but don't know how succesful that's been.

there was a picture of a 3 axle bogie t-gauge chassis a while back but I don't know when that will be available.

Regards,

Ivan.
ivanf

Postby gbtrains » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi Ivanf
Yep seen on you tube but they did it with front bogie of row of 3 fixed at front and back.

I have tried to glue the three bogie axle from T gauge but theses keep breaking up even with super glue ,have told them to do in thin brass to solve this problem.

Need to think on it then.

Thank you for comment.

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby Kupzinger » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Graham,

have a look here and scroll down a bit:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=376

I am actually planning with the 16m chassis and will try to asymmetrically enlarge the boogies. If that is necessary at all.

If you are interested in a kit, please drop me a PM.
Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby dkightley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:15 am

I recently asked Alan at TGauge.com about the three axle bogies from Eishindo and he's advised that they are still in development...and unfortunately there's no availability date yet.

So...we'll have to patiently wait a little longer.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi Doug
Thanks for asking.

The plastic on three bogie wheels system just keeps on breaking.Need brass for better performance.

Will have to wait then.

Thanks for the answers people.

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock