•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: Kupzinger's Nickel Silver

Postby mattd10 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:18 pm

These are truly superb! Did you hand make the decals too or just scale down and edit photos found online? Plenty of scope for more liveries! I think the 156 has operated over most parts of the UK rail network!
mattd10

Postby Kupzinger » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Mattd10,

yes, I made the decals in a vector graphics program (InkScape), indeed there is a lot of variations possible. My favorite is this one:

The decal method should also work for 3D printed models, I would guess.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby dkightley » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 am

Not to be confused with good old "blood and custard" though. ;) ;)
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Kupzinger » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:05 pm

dkightley wrote:Not to be confused with good old "blood and custard" though. ;) ;)

;) indeed. A cheap remake.... By the way, did you get my answer on your pm?

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby Kupzinger » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi there,

with this post I would like to start a little

Diary on Building 11 Double-car DMUs

(i.e. 22 cars) like those I have shown earlyer on. Basically, I want to know how long it takes :) I have the tendency to try out things, and once they work, do not follow up on this and do not go into what one could call "larger scale", although this is a bit missleading in T. So, I need this little diary here to have some kind of motivation that keeps me going - I hope you are fine with this and send a comment from time to time ....

Golden times are coming, as the picture suggests. These are all the nickel silver parts cut out of the etched sheets and sorted. This first step in the process took me 110 minutes, that is 5 min per car.

Next will be mounting doors into bodies.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby mattinair » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:05 pm

:o Wow oh wow; Man oh man; etc. etc....The time it takes whew....Are you going to try and make a business of selling T gauge stuff?.....if so, I look forward to being a customer.......Albeit I'll probably kit bash(destroy) the little things as part of my abstract expressionist toy train madness :lol:
mattinair

Previous

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock