•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: Kupzinger's Nickel Silver

Postby Kupzinger » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi there,

just a little update of the mounting process: BR Mark 1 TSO and BC.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby Nutter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Those are amazing, love the class 37, would definitely have a class 153 in Nickel Silver.. Pm me with a price for the class 37 if you have spares
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Kupzinger » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Dear all,

after a number of experiemts, I finally achieved something I dare to show here. Actually, I can't wait to show it :) My first batch of Class 156 cars gets painted.

First, I sprayed the mounted cars with Tamiya primer. Three thin layers.

Second, I painted the roofs (after having covered the sides) in gray. Especially the front sections are tricky.

A closeup reveals that not everything is perfect, but, well, this is T ... :)

And then .... ta ta ... decals attached to the sides do the job. They do actually two jobs, coloring and window glasses! It needs some practice to place the things exactly where they belong. But I think the image shows: this technique is not the worst. It is applicable to a wide range of models. The decals are printed with my ink jet, so it is very simple to generate different coloring schemes etc.

I will show more images once I have treated all sides and put the cars on wheels.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby Switcher102 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:24 am

Oh I love your nickel silver stuff Kupzinger and I'm not surprised you can't wait to show your fantastic paint job. To achieve that at T gauge is amazing. Close up photos are usually a killer for small scale stuff, even in O gauge, showing up all the faults. With your T gauge looking this good in close up they must look perfect in real life.

Rich
Switcher102

Postby Kupzinger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Dear Rich,

thank you very much for this comment!

A little update: now the faces have developed. Three layers of 0.2 mm etched shapes do the job. Unfortunately, the "Mallaig" destination sign is not readable :=)

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby dkightley » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Absolutely stunning!!!!

You have a PM....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Switcher102 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:32 am

Oh yes, most definitely absolutely stunning.
Switcher102

Postby Kupzinger » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi there,

today I found some minutes to put the cars on wheels. Still, "sub-floor" equipment is missing, resulting in a kind of high heel impression. Anyway, here we are. The transparent windows can be seen quite well.

The train has a single motorized chassis and three adjustables. It runs about 40 mph in scale. When I set the speed to what I thought could be around 40, it was actually 200 :)
A number of the axles are quite wobbling. I will have to do some selection, I fear.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby mattinair » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:41 am

Wow, I'd love to see these lit up from the inside at night.......so cool
mattinair

Postby Switcher102 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:23 am

Oh that's brilliant Kupzinger. I also like the fact that you've shown it starting from stop. I don't like videos that just show them going, no starts or stops. That doesn't really show the quality of the model and it's not as interesting to watch. Such a realistic start at such a small scale is amazing. You don't often see movement as good as that even in O gauge.

Rich
Switcher102

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock