•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Help with suitable rolling stock for The Bridge

Postby dkightley » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm working frantically to get The Bridge to an acceptable standard for its first show in June....but one area where I know I'm bound to fall short on is suitable rolling stock to run over it!!

Has anyone got any examples of or available time to assist me put together a small range of trains, DMUs, etc to form a selection of trains I could run on the layout.

I have a HST and a green diesel with a rake of maroon Mk1s....but I do need one or more DMUs at least. I'm looking at any time post steam....

Obviously I'm prepared to reward anyone who helps and pay for all parts, etc that would be needed. Anyone up for the task???
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Help with suitable rolling stock for The Bridge

Postby Kupzinger » Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Dear Doug,

I made some prototype of a Class 156 DMU. If you are fine with a paper model with some additional extras, I can send you some. They fit on extensible chassis or a motoized long one, I can check the details. I have them in Regional Railways livery. I guess they were actually operated over the brigde. How many units would you be interested in?

I like your impressive project very much and I am happy to support it.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby Nutter » Sun May 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Just in the process of ordering some overlays from Adam Warr (Electra Graphics) to fit a set of original 20m stock waiting to see what he has available , was planning on Blue/Grey EMU set.
Will keep you updated.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Postby dkightley » Sun May 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Many thanks for the offers, Guys....

Kupzinger....welcome to the forum. I took a look at the thread featuring your work on the Austrian forum. Very impressive indeed!! ANd I'd love to take you up on your offer...I think a two-car set will suffice. PM me the details and cost, etc and I'll get the ball rolling...

Nutter....do please keep me informed.

Cheers

Doug
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Mon May 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Doug, probably well wrong for the location but what about one of your baby deltics?
I am thinking of ordering one inn the next week.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Postby dkightley » Mon May 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Doug, probably well wrong for the location but what about one of your baby deltics?

I do have a baby Deltic and rake of Mk 1s:
Img_0696_red.jpg
Img_0696_red.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby mattd10 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Doug. I've got a class 158 drawn up and I had a test print from shapeways which was quite successful. I'm more than happy to send you the file for you to do as you please with! On a separate note, Electra railway graphics do a vinyl for a 158 for the 23m chassis which may be an easier option.
mattd10

Postby Kupzinger » Tue May 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Doug,

after a long and boring telephone conference this morning, I had the first car finished :) Now there are two. Well, they are not that exact as I wanted them to be, but I fear the technique is at its limits now. You will need the 23 m motoized chassis plus one adjustable.

Please send me your address by PM, I will mail them to you.

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock