•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

New Locomotives

Postby sjrashid » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 am

Hey guys. Just sent these off to be printed. If all goes well, they will be on my site for anyone who wants one:

FP7 with power unit
E5 with power unit
20th Century Limited with coal dolly. (I also have a railcar set to go with this one, but I held off printing it for now.

Cheers :)
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/samstrains

new trains.jpg
(597.76 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
sjrashid

Re: New Locomotives

Postby SmallCentral » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:38 pm

More and more interresting 8-)
SmallCentral

Postby DanMacK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:30 am

Interesting for sure! FP7 seems a bit redundant though ;) Love the E5 and J3. Any plans to do a standard J3 Hudson?
DanMacK

Postby JoeMalinchak » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi sjrashid,

Welcome to the forum. You did a great job on your Zephyr, and I am looking forward to seeing all of your new designs!

I am interested in your 20th Century Limited and any new steam designs! I think that T Gauge will really grow in the US if we have some new American rolling stock and locomotives available.

Joe.
JoeMalinchak

Postby sjrashid » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 am

Dan, I agree about the FP7. It looked like others have already made a version, but I made it per a request from someone interested in a zephyr vista dome set I made. It insured that the train width matched the passenger cars I made.

I wasn't planning on making a standard J3 Hudson. Is there a significant amount of difference? Isn't a 20th century Limited a J3a?

I have started a Dreyfuss Mercury streamliner as well as a gg1. Have also wanted to do more steam locomotives, but they are difficult due to the width you need for the train motor. I typically print in batches to reduce the cost for making test trains, so it will probably be a few weeks before I'm ready to print again.

I made a Lionel Berkshire, however making a 2-8-4 locomotive presents a lot of challenges and therefore I decided the train was not a great fit for t gauge at the moment.

Another thing I'm planning to do is make a 3 axle bogie. I don't think i can make a motorized one, but I have a bunch of rail cars I made that need a 3 axle bogie. I made a wwII era artillery cannon that pivots as well as a whole set of steel industry rail cars.
sjrashid

Postby JoeMalinchak » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:24 am

Ok, a GG1 in TGauge would be really cool!
JoeMalinchak

Postby sjrashid » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Just an update.

I'm posting the 20th century Limited today. Very happy with how it came out.

The FP7 was a little short for the smallest motorized chassis. I will tweek the lenght slightly and reprint to make sure it works.

The E5 looks great but I need to come up with a 3 axle bogie. Making non motorized bogies is not a problem, but motorized bogies have a metal strip that completes the circuit from the rail to the motor. I'm thinking I may need to make a side frame that can be super glued onto a motorized bogie. It's more complicated than I wanted it to be, but that appears to be the best way to make it work.

Anyway, attached are images of the finished J3 Hudson. Enjoy.

J3b.jpg
(402.55 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

j3a.jpg
(348.09 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
sjrashid

Postby JoeMalinchak » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 am

Beautiful job on your new J3 Hudson. Keep up coming! I need to build one as it would look great on my micro Steamtown layout.

Joe.
JoeMalinchak

Postby JoeMalinchak » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 am

Hi sjrashid,

I ordered the J3 Hudson, and one of your crane cars on Shapeways. Unfortunately, they sent me a message that the crane car would not be printed?

Do you have any video of your Hudson running. Can't wait for mine!

Joe.
JoeMalinchak

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock