•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: Zm Beast

Postby ivanf » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Beast is ready to order... currently scrabbling round for half finished projects to bung into the order to make the postage seem less painful.

Away for the weekend so probably won't get a test print ordered till next week so might have results about the time you're ready to order.
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Just bitten the bullet and ordered my "Beast" :D
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:18 am

Hi Ivan, just had notification from Shapeways they cannot print my beast in FUD and have cancelled the payment.

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby NoelDollimore » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:01 am

Hi Mike.
Sorry to hear your news.
Just seen your post re Shapeways cancelling your 'Beast' order.
Could this be the problem ?? I notice you say they cannot print the 'Beast' in FUD, did you specifically order it in FUD, albeit possibly mistakenly, unless I'm missing something, looking in Ivan'shop, they don't seem to offer it in FUD, but they do offer it in FED, (no alternative material offered).
I ordered one at the end of last month, when Ivan first put it up for sale (in beta).
I've waited patiently for it for 4 extra days as delivery was held up by the strikes in France, it duly arrived yesterday and I am most pleased with it and a 16m motor chassis fits perfectly.
I'm now busy working on the chassis, improving its performance across the pointwork, (it's a bit touchy, due to it's short length).
I hope this may help explain things for you, and help you get yours.
Best regards, Noel.
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Postby Nutter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Noel, when I ordered mine there were 2 options showing , just checked website and only one material available now. so will reorder when the funds are back in my account.

Nutter

Postby ivanf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 am

I need to re-upload the model - the fact that Noel got one demonstrates the vagueries of shapeways validation as the only changes I made were to chop the end off to allow the coupler to poke out.

will get it sorted out this evening... appart from anything else shapeways have a free delivery promotion going on this week.

Also a bit bizare that it's available in FED but not FUD as they say that it it's printable in one it's printable in the other...
ivanf

Postby NoelDollimore » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi Ivan.
This is quite interesting. Although I'd been keeping an eye on your shop site I never saw any alternative materials offered for the 'Beast', only FED, but the prices quoted are different.
Looking at the page for Zm items, it is shown priced at £7.04 but when you select it, prior to purchasing, it is shown with your mods to the rear,with the price quoted at £8.89.
Since Mike's problems, this thread has explained the price differences, as I was a little bit non- plused at first.
What surprised me more was that when it arrived it was not as in the 'picture' on your shop showed, instead of the mods to the rear to allow the coupling to come through, it has a fully intact rear with crescent buffer, (at least I've got the option to keep it if I want to).
It's all done to confuse,......"and it works".
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Postby ivanf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 pm

NoelDollimore wrote:It's all done to confuse,......"and it works".

Welcome to my world. :)

I suspect it was to do with the order I uploaded the model and when you looked at it... but I'm just guessing.

I'm now toying with doing the rear buffer as a separate part to give you the choice of on or off....
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:02 am

Any updates, don't want to go through the hassle of waiting for Shapeways to say not possible again.

Nutter

Postby ivanf » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:13 pm

I've just ordered a zm beast + a few other bits.... I've done a plug that will fit into the back to cover the coupler hole... planning on using diy wire U shapes for couplers... so I've ordered a Zm covered wagon so I've got something to tow.

I'll update when I hear back, I've updated the model on the website, if you were feeling lucky you could order one now, otherwise hang on.
ivanf

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock