Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

Re: Zm Beast

Postby Nutter » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 am

Coat of green paint now on it, just got to get a chassis and a white extra fine marker to do the striping down the sides.
Cleaned up using IPA in the ultrasonic cleaner, then gone over with a cheap battery toothbrush from china and a final rub down with the fibreglass pen.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby ivanf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:19 pm

I've gone for the red/cream colour scheme, same as Noels... not sure that's strictly accurate but I had some paint left in the airbrush so on it went... :)

Problems with the masking round the nose means there's some touching up to do.

Quite pleased though, first time I've managed to get a reasonable result spraying acrylics... My ML came out very nicely, A80D not too bad bit with a bit of bleed through... over soggy paint on that one.

Only casualties were the front buffers on the beast and the t-shirt I was wearing... :(
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:06 pm

My beast without a chassis yet.
Just need to sort out a tool box for the other side.

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Have finally got the chassis for my beast, quick question for those who have finished theirs, did you have to remove the tiny plastic pips from one end of the chassis to get it to fit?

Nutter

Previous

Return to T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock