•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Feeling totally frustrated with T Gauge at the moment.

Postby Nutter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Don't get me wrong some bits are coming along fine but, I have a 19m chassis that I am ready to bin :x
I am really p££££££ off with this one, trying to fit new bogie springs and have just had the carpet monster devour a complete new packet of them, the hooks on the power transmission bogie don't want to accept the springs ( brand new bogie).
Have a 108 DMU ready for the chassis.
All the other bodies for 19m chassis I bought from Shapeways have been just too brittle, breaking around the buffer area and don't get me started on the steam engines .
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Re: Feeling totally frustrated with T Gauge at the moment.

Postby msimister » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Mike,
I can empathise with you on the springs. My carpet has, likewise, eaten several. My own current frustration is with the Class 150 from Shapeways. It's a beautifully detailed model but doesn't fit the recommended chassis (at least, I couldn't get it to fit, even after extensive 'modifications'). Has anyone been successful with this model?
Cheers,
Malcolm
msimister

Postby Nutter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:02 am

Will get the little so and so's fitted, ordered another bogie, and 2 packs of springs- bits have arrived but am playing with another mini project which if incorporated on a layout would mean a fictious scenario.
Building an etched brass kit of the Ironbridge that spans Ironbridge Gorge near Telford.

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Unpainted and not yet cleaned up .
DSCN0172a.jpg
DSCN0172a.jpg (252.54 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Nutter

Postby zdrada69 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 pm

The bridge is really great looking.
zdrada69

Postby Nutter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm

construction was part soldered and the rest superglued :roll:

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Nutter wrote:Will get the little so and so's fitted, ordered another bogie, and 2 packs of springs- bits have arrived but am playing with another mini project which if incorporated on a layout would mean a fictious scenario.
Building an etched brass kit of the Ironbridge that spans Ironbridge Gorge near Telford.

Not a fictious scenario any more - found old OS map on web of Ironbridge station ( Severn Valley Railway) which was closed early 1960's. Station was between tracks and gorge. :D

Nutter

Postby zdrada69 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:53 pm

It is always good to have original location to follow !
zdrada69

Postby dkightley » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Was this the map you found, Mike: http://maps.nls.uk/view/91791836

And believe it or not, there's still evidence there:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (139.65 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Was one of two, the other one had the track layout off same site (also on the wiki of Ironbridge station)
If you look at google maps you can see the old line through the trees towards the power station. :)

Nutter

Return to T Gauge General Discussions