•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

New to T Gauge - Advice needed

Postby Faroeislands » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 am

Hello

I am new to this and looking for advice.

I am building a small 1:500 scale airport. As part of this I want to make a small village just beyond the airport and have a trainline. It was just be a straight stretch of track maybe around 1metre long. There could possibly be an incline.

Is this possible with T gauge? Is it possible to make it so the train would stop at each end and then return? I am sorry that the questions seem very simple but I'm completely new to model railways so have no idea of the limitations of this.

Any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sean
Faroeislands

Re: New to T Gauge - Advice needed

Postby dkightley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi Sean

All questions, simple or complex, are worthy of an answer....so no worries about your question being thought of being simple....

There is in fact a simple and very good answer. The PWM controller produced by Eishindo and sold by Alan at TGauge.com is designed to work exactly as you want. There are plug in sensors with cables of one of two lengths. The cables plug into the controller and the sensors are positioned near the ends of the track.....and the controller will shuttle the train up and down the track, stopping at the sensors, waiting a period of time that can be set on the controller and reversing the train direction.

The starter set (with or without trains) come with a controller and two sensors. Alternatively, the controller and the sensors can be purchased separately.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: New to T Gauge - Advice needed

Postby Faroeislands » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 am

Thank you. That is helpful. Once the main part is done I'll work to add in the railway too then!
Faroeislands

Return to T Gauge General Discussions