•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Waiting impatiently

Postby vinceherman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:44 am

Like a child before Christmas, I am excited about my expected arrivals.
I have a starter set ordered. A few extras. 2 sets of moving autos from teenytrains.

Some electronics to play with automation. Will probably start this effort with my Z scale equipment.

Oh mister postman bring my model trains soon!
Vince Herman
Strongsville Ohio USA
Mostly Z but starting TGauge
vinceherman

Re: Waiting impatiently

Postby PetrOs » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:43 am

Hi!

Welcome in club - I am also waiting for the same thing ;)
I got the class 125 HST, one 19m chassis, set of adjustable chassis, a starter 132mm loop, plus a few extra rail pieces, including switches and straights. From another store, I expect a DCX77l nano decoder for DCC, and I would mate it all to the DCC steering I use for my TT-Gauge layout. Shapeways should supply the 3D printed Class 108 set.
PetrOs

Postby vinceherman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 pm

I am beginning with the TGauge slowly, wanting to make sure I can use it before I invest more.
If it works out well, I can see a bigger purchase of flex track for a longer layout.

But my credit card is ready to melt from all the electronics I purchased. Enough to automate a Z scale layout I have been toying with and the TGauge of I have success with that.
And maybe even the IDL/teenytrains automobiles.

Oh, the scenery. Trees. Etched brass people and fence railings. Animals.

I sill have to stop by the hobby store. I had purchased a fair number of bottles of paint in many shades (with a lot of brown and green) for the layouts. I ended up bringing it with me to our weekly HO club for work we are doing on a group layout. Now I need to get more for my own use!
Vince Herman
Strongsville Ohio USA
vinceherman

Postby PetrOs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Great!

I just received my start set. GNER livery 125 was not yet ready, but I got a 19m chassis + adjustable chassis pack, enough to experiment a bit. Decoder and Class 108 from Shapeways are incoming.

I was thinking where to place it, and I found the place - I have a TT-gauge module in construction, and the T-gauge would be a park railroad for it! Digitally controlled, of course. Just last weekend I had a ride with my daughter on a 30-40 cm track park railroad in the alpine animal and play park ;) Placing them nearby, and showing that both run on same technics would be fun to compare, and hopefully bringing a good comparative effect for shows.
PetrOs

Postby vinceherman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:46 pm

If you don't already have one, start a thread and post lots of pictures of the process of putting the electronics in.
Vince Herman
Strongsville Ohio USA
vinceherman

Return to T Gauge General Discussions