•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Storage for your valuable trains.....

Postby dkightley » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Ever since I've been taking The Bridge to shows, I've made use of a set of these very useful plastic storage boxes that I purchased on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-White-15-Compartment-Crafts-Jewellry-Loom-Band-Fishing-Storage-Case-Box-/321818588784?hash=item4aede1f670:g:AOIAAOSwa39UyiSG

With all of the compartment separators removed, the three long sections left are just right for all of the small tools you might have.....tweezers, scalpels, small screwdrivers, etc. I even used them to store my rolling stock....using black foam rubber to form slots to hold two or three rows of up to four locos or carriages, but with one problem. With the foam sheet you cannot get many items of rolling stock in one layer....and lifting out a section to get to something underneath means you have to remove all the locos, etc from the top layer first!!

So, I designed and printed a set of trays.......
IMG_3020_red.jpg
IMG_3020_red.jpg (179.38 KiB) Viewed 218 times

I can get three trays per box section, and each tray has four rows that will take up to five carriages, etc per row. And the trays easily lift out and will then sit in the open lid!

And here's a box full of trains alongside a box full of my most frequently used tools.
IMG_3022_red.JPG
IMG_3022_red.JPG (148.61 KiB) Viewed 218 times

Now I have no excuses about not keeping all my rolling stock neatly stored!

PS anybody interested in a set of these trays, let me know and I'll cost them out.....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Storage for your valuable trains.....

Postby NoelDollimore » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi Doug.
Hope you had a great Christmas break with plenty of time to relax and recharge your batteries ready for a hectic new year of shows.
I would be interested in a set of your stock trays please, (such a simple but great idea), obviously, depending on the final costing, as and when you get the time to sort it.
Have a Happy New Year.
Many thanks, Noel.
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Return to T Gauge General Discussions