•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

What do you want to see in 2017 for T gauge??

Postby dkightley » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm not one for New Year resolutions....I'd never stand a chance of keeping them. But I am up for wishing things for others to do. So, what things in T gauge would you want producers...and I say producers (See below)....to make available for the gauge during 2017??

I'll start the ball rolling with my "desires".

Firstly, I'd like to see another producer of T gauge power units/locos, rolling stock, both complete units and sub-assemblies, etc for custom rolling stock builders. Also track....with much improved points.

Failing additional producers, I'd like to see Eishindo produce some far better points....points that have a much reduced or eliminated dead-spot....and don't have the ridiculous "s" curve exit on them!

And my third wish.......for one of the major track manufacturing jig makers to add a range of tools for T gauge.

Finally....I'm going to be greedy.....three axle replacement bogies for the existing power units, so we can make the modern co-co locos!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: What do you want to see in 2017 for T gauge??

Postby mattinair » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 am

More than >>1<< retail vendor on the entire planet with a complete line of T gauge products and maybe a vendor in north America would be nice..... :(
mattinair

Postby NeilM » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 am

From me, first up would be to second your request for decent points that work at slow speeds, and of a geometry that can be used. I have an idea for creating a working point, but it is such an alternative idea I shall not even try and explain it unless I can get one working first!

Secondly, if the points can be made to work, then better couplers similar to what Alan was working on. Then loco hauled trains operating terminus stations, goods yards/industrial sidings etc would become a possibility. This would add more interest than my current layout which has been designed without a single point - as have many other current layouts.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby msimister » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 am

I seem to be in agreement with the above - 3 axle power bogies, better points and a wider choice of manufacturer. And to be greedy, 'transfers' of the logos of all the TOCs past and present in Britain.
Malcolm
msimister

Postby dkightley » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 am

Unfortunately, the one big problem with operator liveries and logos is the thorny issue of copyright....which is why I'm planning to release generic artwork for transfers for the printed DMU shells I have in the pipeline. There'll be no licencing requirements and customers will get exactly the livery they require.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby ncdtrains » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:47 am

I'm with Matt....just 1 vendor in NA. With some decent us prototypes.
ncdtrains

Postby mattd10 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 pm

I echo the sentiments for new points...although looking at the talking t gauge facebook group Alan Ramsey has posted some photos which look very intriguing indeed!

I'd just like to see more support and developments from eishindo so that the scale doesn't die out completely! There have been very few new releases in the last year or so which does seem slightly worrying!
mattd10

Postby jerrybigcat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm

I want an USRA light or heavy 2-8-2 Mikado.
jerrybigcat

Postby dkightley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

News just in from Alan at TGauge.com......

The new points from Eishindo are "...on their way soon...." - direct quote from Alan's email. ;)

And here's a photo:
120mm Left Point - Copy.jpg
120mm Left Point - Copy.jpg (71.19 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

If what I see is right....it looks as if there might be only a 2mm "deadspot"! :D :D :D :D :D Looking closely at the original of the photo Alan sent me, it looks as if the central plastic section has been replaced with a metal insert that picks up power by partly "flange running" and partly normal running on an extension to the blade.

I'll definitely keep my ear to the ground....or should it be on the rail......for further news on this one!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Wow Doug

Hope they come out soon.

They look great.

:D

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Next

Return to T Gauge General Discussions