•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Lettering on Engines/Rolling stock

Postby gbtrains » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 am

Hi there
Does any one know of how to do lettering on engines and numbers on the T gauge rolling stock as i cannot paint them that small and will be re painting them over.

Also does anyone do transfers as I have tried to speak to the Electra Railway Graphics on facebook and email but no response at all.

Regards
Graham :)
gbtrains

Re: Lettering on Engines/Rolling stock

Postby dkightley » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:43 am

Using decals ( or transfers in old-fashioned speak!!) is the logical way of going to achieve such small lettering.....but I can't remember anyone having posted anything about how to do it.

Can't remember the company....but one UK supplier has a couple of YouTube videos showing how to make decals. A google search should find them....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:46 am

Thank you for the advise as I think the tranfers will be the better way.

cheers
gbtrains

Postby mattd10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Electra do a range for T gauge, but I think Adam (the man behind the company!) was in a nasty accident so hasn't been working for a few weeks. That may be the reason for no response! In the past he has taken requests! For me personally, I'm not a fan of the all over vinyl decal as it looks a bit shiny and it's also quite thick so can look a bit messy in T (saying that, I have seen some fantastic examples that look great...I simply don't have the skill or patience!)

You can buy decal paper so you can make your own decals and just print them off. This could work for you as you have already painted your models and these would just stick over!
http://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Finishes/Transfers/Item/Decal-paper-inkjet-clear/ITM4557
I haven't personally used this product, but that's the sort of thing I'm talking about! I have shopped from those guys before, both online and in store and I can only recommend them! They also do some good scatter materials and trees as they supply products for architecture models which also happen to be in the 1:500 range.

Hope this helps!
mattd10

Postby gbtrains » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi Matt
thanks for that.
I will try that out but will have to print out at work as I so not have a paper printer to hand at home.

R :) egards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:32 pm

The website I was thinking of is: http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk....but their site is down at the moment as they appear to be stocktaking.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am

Hi Doug
thank you for posting a further reply.

Will get the hang of the small gauge as I came from N in order to save even more space.
Graham
gbtrains

Postby davidmatthewson » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:40 pm

2016-10-14 19_37_22-Draft4.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png
2016-10-14 19_37_22-Draft4.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png (9.49 KiB) Viewed 968 times
I've been playing with these for the GWR railcar - not my work and still work in progress, but if it all works out well I'll post more info on them...
davidmatthewson

Postby gbtrains » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi David
that will be brill.
thank you David

regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:37 pm

I've just spotted today that Electra Railway Graphics have discontinued their range of graphics for T gauge....citing lack of demand as the reason.

A sad loss to the gauge. Let's hope they change their mind if and when the gauge starts to get popular....
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Next

Return to T Gauge General Discussions