•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Re: Using T Gauge within O Gauge

Postby Ozrail » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:22 am

Nice progress, However I do have to ask, is the locomotive the only form of power?

I have the Eishindo 'Miniature Railway' set and the same loco struggle with 2 loaded carriages. (Mind you it had the old motor.)
And this is with figures made of soft plastic.

Anyway, you might want to consider adding another loco to the consist just to provide extra power.
Especially if the driver and passengers are made of metal castings.
Check out my Shapeways store for T-gauge stuff.
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/everythingtgauge?s=0
Ozrail

Postby Switcher102 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:55 am

Ah yes, very good point Ozrail. I had been wondered about that at the back of my mind, trying to ignore it, hoping it would go away, but perhaps I had better bring it to the front of my mind. If it does prove too much for it I'll have to get a plastic driver and make room for another motor in the driver's trolley (rather than have two visible locomotives or an extra permanently attached coach). It might have to be a bigger driver's trolley than it would be on the real thing, double up as a passenger coach aswell. It would also need an add-on board to the receiver in order to drive it. I haven't attempted to drive two motors with one receiver yet (so that they both work off the one throttle).

I found a video of the Eishindo 'Miniature Railway' set. Didn't know about that. That's just what I am attempting except that's at 1:32 scale (I'm 1:43 scale). Thanks Ozrail

Rich
Switcher102

Postby Ozrail » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:34 am

The youtube video is actually my layout. :-)
They were a limited edition set, so who knows how many where actually sold.

If it's just the locomotive and driver on their own, then one motor unit should be ok for the both.

However when adding another carriage, (if there is enough room), you could try putting a motor unit inside the passenger carriage behind the driver's trolley.
Or even a freight wagon with the motor inside to can work.

It may sound out of place, but I have seen people do it to their passenger carriages (and freight wagons) to provide extra power on actual miniature railway.
Check out my Shapeways store for T-gauge stuff.
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/everythingtgauge?s=0
Ozrail

Postby Switcher102 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:24 am

Oh, so that's your layout. That would make a nice little addition to a 1:32 scale layout.
Ozrail wrote:It may sound out of place, but I have seen people do it to their passenger carriages (and freight wagons) to provide extra power on actual miniature railway.

That's interesting.

The only wagon I want to be permanently attached to the loco is the driver's trolley. I suppose I could fit one of the passenger coaches with a motor, receiver, battery and reed switch aswell and bind both coach and loco receivers to the same loco selecta dial position on my transmitter and they should then both move the same time when my transmitter throttle is turned. As long as the coach motor doesn't want to go faster than the loco motor it should work. I'll have to ask the question of Andy at Micron Radio Control.

Thanks for the information Ozrail
Rich

PS. I'll be a while getting around to this. Got to get another project off my modelling work bench first. You know how it is. Must try to concentrate on one thing at a time.
Switcher102

Previous

Return to T Gauge General Discussions