•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Re: Anybody in????

Postby Switcher102 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:34 am

Ozrail wrote:
The thrill of T-gauge has died on me a bit. I don't know why, maybe it's the lack of new products and news to keep me excited.

Have you considered incorporating T gauge within your other scaled layouts (like I am doing)? What would T gauge represent within N gauge? 2ft gauge?

OR …. how about making some 3D stuff to go along with the T gauge garden motor car? Is that not what the garden motor car is for? I don't think it is an accurate 1:450 scale model of anything, or is it? Who buys it? I believe it's purpose is to be used within the bigger scales, but I don't think there are any passenger coaches to go with it.

Sorry Doug to be promoting a use of T gauge that is not actually T gauge but I am thinking if it helps sales it keeps the gauge on the market for true T gauge enthusiasts.

Reith01 wrote:
I haven't yet decided whether to give up. I had looked to T Gauge as a chance to expand my electronics flair but my first effort failed.

Aauh, it's a shame to read such things. Considering the points issue in T gauge and your electronics knowledge what do you reckon to having a go at converting T gauge to battery powered infrared (IR) control? See my thread on Wireless Control for T Gauge.

Rich
Switcher102

Postby ncdtrains » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:26 am

oddly enough, I check in from time to time.

But, being in America, it's so hard to keep motivated. I got a lot of track, and started getting stuff together to build a layout and ardash died and trainsaid went down and to be honest, it killed it for me temporarily. I know I can get stuff overseas, but I'd rather buy in the states, and it still bothers me that ardash passed. I got all my stuff from him over the course of a couple years.

I'd love to see the hobby grow, but it seems overall, innovation is halted.

I've got a nice 3d printer I got, the littlerp and also a Olo I backed and am waiting on. All with the hopes to print my own stuff, but I degress I cannot design 3d files so....lol
ncdtrains

Postby Reith01 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 pm

I hope to restart sometime in the new year. My first effort was too ambitious. No doubt it could have been sorted out but I was seriously disappointed with myself! Lessons learned though. Next one will be far simpler.

1) Make a decent set of point jigs and gauges (if only Tgauge.com could come up with a triangular gauge!!)
2) Use half metre lengths of flexitrack
3) Don't glue the track down
4) Connect every piece of track to the supply via a distribution arrangement
5) Do more work on train detection electronics
6) Don't join flexitrack on a curve!

And a few other things, no doubt!
Reith01

Postby barneyadi » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Reith01 wrote:I hope to restart sometime in the new year. My first effort was too ambitious. No doubt it could have been sorted out but I was seriously disappointed with myself! Lessons learned though. Next one will be far simpler.

1) Make a decent set of point jigs and gauges (if only Tgauge.com could come up with a triangular gauge!!)
2) Use half metre lengths of flexitrack
3) Don't glue the track down
4) Connect every piece of track to the supply via a distribution arrangement
5) Do more work on train detection electronics
6) Don't join flexitrack on a curve!

And a few other things, no doubt!

Very interesting lessons. Regarding tack, you can now get 750mm track, as having had a chat with Alan he mentioned the 1000mm track had slight issues with curving it etc. Will let you know how I get on with it, hopefully get it tomorrow.
barneyadi

Postby Switcher102 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 am

Hello T gauge, I'm still in, I haven't given up on my project to use T gauge to represent 5 inch gauge within O gauge, and to convert it to battery powered radio control, it's just that I've got too many standard gauge O gauge projects that have come up. Carry on the good work T gaugers.
Switcher102

Postby scottmitchell74 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 am

I still get the TGauge.com newsletter...and I'm keeping my eye out, but until there are more innovations I don't know if I'll pull the trigger. I'm not super handy. It took me forever to finish my N-Scale layout. I'm 95% happy with it and I think it looks good, but at sticking points I'd just stall out due to fear/lack of skills and I think that would be much worse with T Gauge. Until things are more Ready To Run and more "dummy-proof" I'll just have to wait and see.

I'll say, though, I still want to buy and put together that Deltic 55 Prototype...someday. :D
scottmitchell74

Postby dkightley » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 am

Well I was hoping that I wouldn't need to resurrect this thread!

Its gone very quiet over the past month. Does this mean everyone's lost interest in T......or that nobody has anything to say?? :cry: :cry: Or is it both?
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby mattinair » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:24 am

Just shy ....... and lazy......not that you'd know it looking at the chaos in the studio
DSCN5832_01.JPG
DSCN5832_01.JPG (126.65 KiB) Viewed 554 times

I do have most of my trees for the forest the lookout tower looks out over completed....whew
DSCN5840_01.JPG
DSCN5840_01.JPG (158.04 KiB) Viewed 554 times

And I've started the drawing that will end up being the circular boardwalk around the perimeter of the turntable
DSCN5841_02.JPG
DSCN5841_02.JPG (96.79 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Although I plan to have the turntable be manually operated initially... I've sort of started messing about with a loco gear train hooked up to one of those amazing little reduction gear motors from Tgauge.com as a way to turn it really slowly
DSCN5831_01.JPG
DSCN5831_01.JPG (35.52 KiB) Viewed 554 times

I'm in no way ready to start tackling a steamer yet........but I'm sure jealous of Joe and boy do I want one......double whew(!)
mattinair

Postby rail450 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello,
this 6mm gearmotor

http://www.ebay.de/itm/251265678936?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

is also available with 40rpm

BR,
Siegfried
rail450

Postby msimister » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:06 am

Not lost interest, just been diverted by other things, including work, training to be a guard on Puffing Billy (a 2' 6" gauge preserved steam railway near Melbourne) and my OO scale layout. Will get back to T gauge in due course.
Malcolm
msimister

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge General Discussions