Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Auto coupling - does it work?

Postby apepper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi, I've just received my first T-gauge trainset - extraordinary! - however, the couplers don't couple when you push two coaches together, I have to lift one coach and drop it so the couplers interlock - am I missing something here?

-Andrew
apepper

Re: Auto coupling - does it work?

Postby dkightley » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi Andrew....and welcome to the wonderful world of T....

As you have found out, the standard couplers from Eishindo do not auto-couple.

Having said that, all may not be lost...as Alan Ramsey of TGauge.com has been developing a replacement coupling made out of photo-etched metal that will auto-couple and de-couple on demand. Alan did publish an in-progress shot some months ago...but things do seem to take a very long time to go from development to end product.....

I'll be emailing Alan about other things in the next few days...so I'll ask on progress.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby apepper » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks! I suspected as much - it is a new world.
apepper

Postby dkightley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 am

I've had a reply back from Alan at TGauge.com....

The couplings are still in development....and unfortunately are being held up by other commitments Alan has...so unfortunately, no availability date at present.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Return to T Gauge General Discussions