Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Improving running of 23mm power unit

Postby dkightley » Tue May 31, 2016 11:11 pm

I've just bought a couple of 23mm power units that I intend running together as a pair and I've had to add a weight to each of the units to make sure they run correctly....as shown here:
IMG_2796_red.JPG
IMG_2796_red.JPG (85.2 KiB) Viewed 777 times

There's just enough room to fit half of one of the self-adhesive weights that come with the adjustable chassis, etc. Without it, the non-powered end is too light and has the tendency to jump off the rail.

I've also noticed that the unit runs more reliably in rear wheel drive configuration, ie non-powered bogie to the front....to the left in the above photo. Running the other way, the unit tends to occasionally derail the non-powered end bogie.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Improving running of 23mm power unit

Postby gbtrains » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Doug
Thanks for that information as i had issues when running my full 9 car HST as the non motorized coaches did not run and tend to trip on the passing turnouts.

I have then placed the weights in from my Adjustable kits supplied within and they seem to do the trick.

Regards
Gr :lol: aham
gbtrains

Return to T Gauge General Discussions