Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Bargain or not?

Postby Nutter » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 pm

My local model shop knows I do different scales and has offered me an old( 1st incarnation) Class 103 set, an oval of track and the controller( again the early one)complete with the photo sensors etc for £50.00 Thinking Class 377 conversion with Electra Graphics maybe
The set was briefly used as a demonstration and pretty much ridiculed by other patrons more interested in N or OO. It was boxed up and put on a shelf in their stores.
I am sorry but I am not going to disclose the name of the shop or its exact Location other than it is in Surrey.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

All spray painting done outside, cleaning in ultrasonic done on dry days when i can have a window open.
Nutter

Re: Bargain or not?

Postby dkightley » Sat May 14, 2016 10:26 pm

The deciding factor is the controller.

If it's dark blue, it's a PWM controller then you may have a bargain, and if it's beige then it's an analogue controller.....and not worth buying.

The 103 set will probably run okay when properly run in when used with a PWM controller. With an analogue, it'll have two speeds.....stop and fast!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Bargain or not?

Postby mattd10 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:17 am

If it's the old controller I'd make an offer. No way he'll shift it otherwise! What is there to lose?
mattd10

Return to T Gauge General Discussions