Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Bargain or not?

Postby Nutter » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 pm

My local model shop knows I do different scales and has offered me an old( 1st incarnation) Class 103 set, an oval of track and the controller( again the early one)complete with the photo sensors etc for £50.00 Thinking Class 377 conversion with Electra Graphics maybe
The set was briefly used as a demonstration and pretty much ridiculed by other patrons more interested in N or OO. It was boxed up and put on a shelf in their stores.
I am sorry but I am not going to disclose the name of the shop or its exact Location other than it is in Surrey.
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Re: Bargain or not?

Postby dkightley » Sat May 14, 2016 10:26 pm

The deciding factor is the controller.

If it's dark blue, it's a PWM controller then you may have a bargain, and if it's beige then it's an analogue controller.....and not worth buying.

The 103 set will probably run okay when properly run in when used with a PWM controller. With an analogue, it'll have two speeds.....stop and fast!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Bargain or not?

Postby mattd10 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:17 am

If it's the old controller I'd make an offer. No way he'll shift it otherwise! What is there to lose?
mattd10

Return to T Gauge General Discussions