Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Looking for data

Postby mattd10 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:43 am

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to have some of the old data that was present on the old t-gauge.net site? (all those moons ago!) I'm specifically looking for detailed track geometry (accurate gauge, rail and sleeper heights etc). I would measure myself but my calliper has a margin of error larger than the measurements I'm taking :x

For anyone wondering, I've got a new idea but it will almost certainly need points and the stock ones just aren't up to the task. I'm mulling over several options and may take advantage of stuff offered by the 2mm FS group as it should be compatible with the code 40 rail available on here. I thought I had some but it was nickel-silver code 30 from when I attempted N narrow gauge :roll:

Any help appreciated!

Matt
mattd10

Re: Looking for data

Postby Slarge » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:02 pm

http://tinyt-gaugetrains.blogspot.co.uk/p/t-gauge-technical-details.html?m=1
Sadly the images showing which dimension is which appear to be lost
Slarge

Postby mattd10 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:46 am

Thanks slarge! That was exactly the data I was looking for! Knew I'd seen it somewhere...should be able to get what I need from that!
mattd10

Postby hank55 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi Matt,
when it was still available I completely downloaded the David K. Smith's T-Gauge Headquarters website including all the images you probably need on my local HD. If you give me an e-mail address I can send it to you via a public ftp-server. The data volume is approx. 7 MB.

Greetings from Czechia
hank
hank55

Postby mattd10 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi Hank, that would be absolutely fantastic! If you could send it through to matt_d10 (at) hotmail.co.uk that would be much appreciated!
Wishing I'd done the same and downloaded the site. Was a fantastic resource!
Matt
mattd10

Postby hank55 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:41 am

mattd10 wrote:Hi Hank, that would be absolutely fantastic! If you could send it through to matt_d10 (at) hotmail.co.uk that would be much appreciated!
Wishing I'd done the same and downloaded the site. Was a fantastic resource!
Matt

I've just posted the file via a Czech public ftp server "uschovna.cz". By e-mail you should get an instruction how to proceed. Pls confirm receiving and correct readability.
hank55

Postby mattd10 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 am

HI Hank,
Finally got a chance to have a look and it all looks great! Thanks so much for doing this! Really appreciate it.
Matt
mattd10

Postby mattd10 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I noticed recently while browsing for some N gauge narrow gauge info that David Smith (owner of the website) is back online with modelling pages. He also mentioned on his site that he’d lost a lot of his T Gauge files.
So I forwarded him the data and he’s incredible grateful, so wanted to pass on his thanks.
For anyone interested, here’s the link to his new site http://davidksmith.com/modeling/index.htm
mattd10

Postby dkightley » Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 pm

….and the observant users will have seen that I have added a link to the main forum page to David's T gauge site.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Return to T Gauge General Discussions