Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

T gauge - General Queries

Postby JBModels » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

Hey,

I've just got a few queries about T gauge that I wish to clarify and so thought I'd start a topic for it.

Q) What is the diameter of T gauge wheels?

Q) Are there any other couplings for T gauge? (I saw something like a OO gauge tension lock on facebook)

Q) Are there more options for turnouts? I only see L/H and R/H turnouts that have the two tracks end up parallel to each other. Cannot make crossovers with those.

Cheers!
JBModels.
LOL! Some people need a to think logically, or rather just have common sense!
JBModels

Re: T gauge - General Queries

Postby NeilM » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Details for the wheels set sold by Alan at Tgauge.com (note these are not exactly the same as those fitted to the rolling stock) http://www.tgauge.com/product/253/7/2-p ... -wheelsets.

Coupling currently sold are only the regular type and a fixed coupling bar, both availalble from Tgauge.com. Any other are what individuals are developing and I do not think any are yet for sale (if anybody can prove me wrong then please do)

The current points do not make a crossover easily. I know at least one person has cut these down such that they do, and other have made their own from scratch, but currently only the one style availabe to buy. Again - I would be pleased to be proved wrong, if anybody knows different then please shout.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby mattd10 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:18 pm

The only other couplings I know of I linked to in one of the Zm topics...they are in development by tgauge.com and there's an image on their Facebook page.

There were other points a bit more like standard model railway points in the eishindo catalogue a few years back but they never materialised which is a shame. The only other options are, as said, butchering them or creating your own (soldering pcb, 3D printed etc)
mattd10

Postby JBModels » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 am

Thanks guys!

Cheers.
JBModels
LOL! Some people need a to think logically, or rather just have common sense!
JBModels

Return to T Gauge General Discussions