Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Next out of the TTG workshop........

Postby dkightley » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 am

Thought I'd give a sneak peek of what's coming next out of the TTG workshop...….
IMG_3709_red.JPG
IMG_3709_red.JPG (58.95 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

A range of girder bridges designed for single and twin track flexitrack. Bridge decks will be available in two lengths...40mm and 80mm and the end piers in three styles; right angle, angled to the left, or angled to the right....with and without sloping walls along the road edge. The bridge decks can be shortened to allow different lengths bridges.

I'm working on testing out printing of the various parts at the moment....and I've started a second set of bridges that have plate girder sides rather than a girder section underneath the track. This second range will also include centre piers that that have an optional stone plinth for bridging over rivers, etc.

I've been referred to as "The Bridge Man" at some of the model railway shows.....so I thought it time I lived up to the name! :)

I'll post more news on availability when I've moved further on with the project....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Next out of the TTG workshop........

Postby NeilM » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am

Doug,

Looking like just what I will be needing. I am trying to get my layout back on track and will be needing a rail bridge to go over a canal, and looks like one of these will mean I do not have to build it from scratch. Keep us up to date with progress.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby davidmatthewson » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:27 pm

Great stuff!
davidmatthewson

Postby dkightley » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:29 pm

All the design work for the second style of girder bridge now complete. I now have a queue on one of the printers to get a sample of every part printed.

The under-track girder style (as in the phot in the first post) has 28 different parts in the range....and the side girder (as in the top of the two photos on this post) has 30 different parts in the collection.

Here's an example of a side-girder style twin track bridge long span with a centre support:
IMG_3725_red.JPG
IMG_3725_red.JPG (52.21 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

There will be a rounded stone plinth that the centre pier sits on for modelling a bridge over a wide river! I've not printed a sample yet, so can't include it on the photo.

And here's an example of an under-track girder style single track bridge with angled banking support walls:
IMG_3724_red.JPG
IMG_3724_red.JPG (40.51 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

Sorry for the washed out photos. I'm having camera and lighting issues......I may have ruined my camera by getting it enveloped in an enormous steam cloud whilst videoing a loco limping out of a station on the North Yorkshire Railway a few weeks ago!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 pm

WOW :D
Great looking bridge items.

Still working on my Ribbleshead, got it all porinted outand painted but not too sure when I will be doing a layout for it.

Grweat to see that you exstending the range as we know there is not much around. :D

regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Mon May 06, 2019 11:21 pm

I should have the range of girder bridges live in the shop some time this week....all 56 different options!!!

I've prepped the product pages and just need to sort out a selection of photos/images to illustrate the range. I'm also adding in a page that describes the range of parts that make up each of the two styles of bridges.

This range is currently restricted to flexitrack. If I get any requests, I'll look at adding some extra bridge sections that accept the standard sectional track....which makes double track spacing much wider - and not really true to scale.
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Tue May 07, 2019 4:11 pm

HI Doug

Will you be bringing any of theses to Bala show ?
So that I can ahave a look :D

regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Sun May 12, 2019 12:04 pm

The range of girder bridges are now available in the shop......
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Return to T Gauge General Discussions