Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Intro KG Johansson - new to forum

Postby kajovog » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Just joined the Forum. I am from Sweden but live in the Bay area (Silicon Valley), California. I discovered T-Gauge about a year ago as I was working on a Z-scale project and had a need for some tech to run cars. I found Martin´s site (Model Railway Musings) and his fantastic “road system” and we exchanged some mails. As I progressed with my project I kept going back to his site and started checking out Sarum Bridge, and that led me to this forum and I saw what all of you guys had done. I saw Doug´s The Bridge layout and suddenly I had a Tgauge.com starter kit. I have periodically checked in on the forum and I have committed to do some serious T-Gauge stuff so it was time to join. I thought I was used to working with small details in Z-scale but this is on a completely different level and I constantly have to come up with different approaches than what I am used to which is also what makes it fun.

I have recently posted on the Talking TGauge Facebook group and as I keep progressing I will post in the forum as well and I will bug all of you with questions. Thanks to Doug for a great forum and to all of you for sharing your knowledge.

BR, KG Johansson
kajovog

Re: Intro KG Johansson - new to forum

Postby jesse6669 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Welcome to the group! You hit the nail on the head when you said "you have to come up with new approaches.." That (to me) is one of the most enjoyable things about T. There's a lot of engineering going on here, figuring out how to do things in such a small scale, and building models from scratch.
jesse6669

Re: Intro KG Johansson - new to forum

Postby kajovog » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:56 am

I bought an ICE starter kit and played around with it, but as a first project I will make a "micro layout" if you can say that about T-Gauge. :) I am actually going to build it in an IKEA frame (Ribba). It is a square frame 25 x 25 cm, 9 ¾ x 9 ¾“ with inner measurements of 23 x 23 cm, 9 x 9" and a height of 4.5 cm, 1 ¾ “.

I will use fine track and two sets with different radius, 60 and 70 cm so I can make something a little bit more interesting than just a circle. The height allows me to have two levels. As I wait for my order I created fine track templates I printed so I can test out some layout ideas. I also ordered the 35.5mm motorized chassis, and plan to do some tinkering with that. Once I have done the first layout I will do something more substantial. Just need to get used to the scale.

Micro_IKEA.jpg
Micro_IKEA.jpg (111.54 KiB) Viewed 434 times
kajovog

Return to T Gauge General Discussions