Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Working Signals - Chapter 3

Postby dkightley » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:26 pm

At the Spalding show over the weekend, I was introduced to one of the new SMD LEDs that have become available in the last year or so....the 0202 profile. These LEDS are 0.6mm x 0.6mm...which is ….putting it mildly....TINY!

As I need to create new signals for The Bridge, I did a bit of Googleing to find the suppliers....and did so quite quickly.

These LEDs look as if they're a reasonable replacement for the 0402s I've used ….as shown in the previous two threads on signals.....but I have spotted something even more exciting.....a mini 3-colour SMD LED that is 2.4mm x 0.7mm and has a Red, Green and Yellow LED all in one package> Exactly what is needed for three-aspect signals!!

I only found them available from the USA....but have placed an order for some. I'll have to see how they work when I get them.....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Working Signals - Chapter 3

Postby gbtrains » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi
How much are the triple light housings as that sounds to be the best thing that you have found and which maufactures have you found them from? :D

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Return to T Gauge General Discussions