Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

JAM 2018

Postby mattd10 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Recently I was lucky enough to be out in Japan and by a complete fluke it was over the same weekend as the 19th JAM Convention (think Warley Exhibition, but in Tokyo!). I stumbled across it by complete accident as I was hoping on picking up some Z scale items but the Rokuhan showroom was closed so they could exhibit.

So why am I posting I hear you ask? Because there was an official T Gauge stall!

They had a layout which they had built based on Dusseldorf Airport (with some 3D printed commuter stock) but was all a bit unfinished for my tastes...several layouts on this forum knock spots off it!

ImageImage

Then there was the display of products. They had anything you could have wanted! Stacks of rolling stock, track and a few other bits and pieces too! The UK outline stock really took center stage too which took me by surprise!

ImageImage

Of note were the electric points, which worked very well! Shame there was no sign of any other pointwork with differing geometry!

Then there was a Shinkansen prototype...this should be a great looking model and will certainly appeal to the Japanese market! Alongside it was the etched brass Deltic kit and what looks to be a Japanese shunter.

ImageImage

A few other images from the event....a Z scale Hello Kitty Shinkansen and a fantastic N gauge tramway layout (easily the best in show).

ImageImage

I made a few purchases myself. They had an offer for a loop of the fine track, a pwm controller and an American loco at a very good price...and I signed up as a member (who knew?) and got an extra 10% off! I also picked up more container wagons to run behind my class 67. The only downside is none of the guys on the stall spoke English that well (as is usual in Japan) which was a shame as I would have loved to get some more info from them about future developments!

But it appears T Gauge is still alive and well! And it was certainly attracting a lot of interest from visitors which can only be a good thing!
mattd10

Re: JAM 2018

Postby jesse6669 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Very interesting!! Thanks for the report. That Shinkashen appears to be a type 700. Now checking on the distance on truck centers.. (but sadly not a C-C arrangement).

https://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizdas:J ... en_700.jpg

jesse6669

Return to T Gauge General Discussions